OBJECT OF PARA–SPORT
Participation in sports activities, for the disabled person, is not just a moment to achieve a technical result, but also a concrete way to relate, demonstrating beyond one's individual abilities, the ability to be with others, knowing how to respect the rules of the game and manage their emotions.
Therefore it is important to underline that the para sport is mainly:
- A Right of Sport is a tool for the prevention of social and psychophysical discomfort training of the person. Sport must be considered a right of all. This is why sports bodies and societies actively promote processes of participation in sport irrespective of the economic, cultural and social conditions of the individual.
- Valorisation of diversity and uniqueness In sport, the natural differences of origin, color, language and culture are fundamental to increase and enrich the individual. In the game there are differences in roles and characteristics; The winning team is born from the right mix. Team spirit fosters cohesion, enhancing the uniqueness of each person in a positive way.
- Sport citizenship Sport should guarantee inclusion and equal opportunities for access and sporting practice. In this sense, the principle of sporting citizenship in the national territory is promoted, guaranteeing access to membership and championships, of every discipline and level, to those who were born in Italy from foreign parents.
- Respect In sport, one must refrain from any conduct likely to damage physical integrity as well as the moral dignity of the adversary in competitions and sports competitions. It is also necessary to put in place initiatives to sensitize the public of sporting events to the respect of athletes, teams and their supporters.
- Sport brotherhood Sport language is universal, it overcomes borders, languages, religions and ideologies and possesses the ability to unite people, creating bridges and fostering dialogue and welcoming. We must therefore encourage, promote, and spread sports culture. In every discipline and at every level.
- Sport loyalty Practitioners, at all levels, sports clubs and other operators in the sporting world must behave according to the principles of loyalty and sporting correctness and actively cooperate in the promotion of civil cohabitation.
- Nonviolence Practitioners, at all levels, sports clubs and other operators in the sports world reject physical and verbal violence by combating behavior or statements that in any way determine or incite violence, both during sporting events and during training.
- Respect for common rules Sport is characterized by the same rules for everyone regardless of ethnicity and culture of the individual; it represents a neutral terrain of confrontation able to put everyone on the same level. Learning since childhood to accept the common rules of play, has a highly educational and educational value.
- Awareness of the role In sport the role of the educator is fundamental in the process of formation of children and young people to its positive values: group spirit, integration, solidarity, tolerance, correctness, friendship. It is therefore necessary to ensure that all the subjects - who have a responsibility role towards children and young people - are well trained and qualified, as well as being aware of the importance of the example.
CSIT Para-Sport Coordinator
Via Flaminia Nuova, 830,
Phone: +39 334 2825579