Application for CSIT Membership
Thank you very much for your interest in our global sports & health network with more than 200 million single members. CSIT is recognized being the only world organization for workers and amateurs in sports by
- IOC (International Olympic Committee)
- SPORTACCORD and GAIFS
- ICSSPE (International Council of Sport, Science and Physical Education)
Membership Application Procedure
In the following we may give you an understanding of the CSIT membership application proceedings:
The CSIT has two membership levels with the "Full Membership - Status" as ultimate objective. Details as rights, obligations and financial conditions of the different kinds of CSIT membership levels can be found in the CSIT Articles in "Attachment 1" in the "Downloadcenter".
CSIT Membership first level: Candidate Member, a temporary membership status
After the reception of all applicants' documents according to the official application form and on the other hand the treasurer's confirmation that the payment of the annual membership fee has been recorded on the CSIT's bank account, the Executive Committee awards your organisation the "Candidate Membership" - status (temporary membership of 2 - 3 years).
At the following CSIT Congress in October the President, Secretary General, Managing Director or other leading functionairs of the new CSIT member should be personally present and introduce his/her organisation to the Congress.
CSIT Membership second level: Associate Membership or Full Membership
After 2 - 3 years of observation together with the Candidate Member the Executive Committee will analyse the past collaboration of both organisations. It is of great importance for the decision making process that CSIT's core values as trust, respect, tolerance, friendship and fair-play were kept, as well as all CSIT regulations, statutes and by-laws; also an active participation in CSIT activities must be recognizable for the Executive Committee. Only then the specific "Candidate Member" will be recommended to the Congress to be accepted as "Associated Member" or "Full Member" (Attachment 1), whereas this decision is at the candidate's own request.
If you are willing to start the application process following basic criteria must be fulfilled:
- You have to be a national or in a country a regional organization.
- You have to be a democratic sport-for-all organization.
- The fee acc. to our articles (Attachment 1) must be transferred to the CSIT bank account. Banking details you can find in the footer of the application form or here: https://www.csit.tv/en/imprint
In structural terms you can apply for membership, if
- you are a non-governmental organization whose aims contribute directly or indirectly to the vision, mission, objective and functions of the CSIT.
- you are a governmental body, agency, institution and local authority that is responsible for sports, women, children, youth, elderly and social development fields.
- you are an institution such as University, Academy, Research Centre or Parliamentarian Group interested in sports matters.
- you are a company sports organization.
- your are an independent trade union.
Yoram Arnstein Wolfgang Burghardt
Vice President General Secretary