All the CSIT-members (unions, teams, athletes, coaches and volunteers) promise to participate in all CSIT activities, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing themselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of friendship, solidarity, tolerance and fair play.
During the ExCom-Meeting in Tampere a joint venture declaration between CSIT and the European Fair Play Movement (EFPM) was signed, because the promotion of Fair Play is considered as an important contribution for peace and understanding.
Both international organisations have declared a joint venture in matters of sports, tolerance and fair-play, which includes the following items:
- The CSIT and the EFPM will try to establish and to coordinate common activities in matters of fair-play, tolerance, peace and understanding.
- The CSIT and the EFPM will strive, step by step, to have a close cooperation by supporting the aims and goals of both organizations. For example with common activities at the "World Sports Games" of CSIT, with seminars and workshops on several topics of Sports and Fair-Play, etc.
- The CSIT and the EFPM will enable each other to publish articles and information in their respective official publications, internet pages and papers.
- The CSIT and the EFPM will nominate a member of its Executive Committees as regular contact persons.
- These CSIT and EFPM representatives will meet preferably at the General Assemblies and/or Congresses of the two organizations with the possibility of short presentations about each organization and their annual work.
- The foreseen activities of the CSIT and the EFPM will be discussed at the above mentioned meetings.
- The EFPM will help the CSIT to sensibilize its members for the importance of the ethical and cultural values of sports.
- The CSIT will help to promote the strengthening of fair-play, tolerance, peace and understanding through and in sports.